Monday, December 3, 2012

Antique Blue Chippendale Low Boy - Before & After

This Chippendale Low Boy was one of the first pieces I painted, a little while back, and I must say I was really happy with how it turned out.  To be honest, it's probably my favorite piece thus far!  I especially ended up loving the fun punch of color I chose for the inside of the drawers!  Kind of reminds me of the saying surrounding the mullet hairstyle (horrible analogy, I know); except with this, it's all business on the outside and a party on the inside - HA!  The deets and pics of this piece are below... 


**NOTE:  This piece is FOR SALE, and as always, please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have!



This Chippendale Low Boy was painted a gorgeous and sophisticated shade of blue, all the while I decided to mix it up and paint the inside of the drawers a bright and fun shade of coral.  I refinished the original Chippendale hardware by painting them in a soft hue of gold.  I then waxed this lil' in a clear coat to forever protect the paint and lightly distressed only a few places to finish off the piece.  Hope you like!


BEFORE:
Antique Chippendale Low Boy



AFTER:
Antique Chippendale Low Boy











2 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens, I LOVE this!! The pink interior drawers are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Elizabeth! Best Wishes to you in 2013!! xo, Kayla

      Delete