Monday, February 20, 2012

"Paint" it Pretty: Drapes (Part 3 of 3)

So, my last two postings (Part 1: Dye & Part 2: Stencil) have been part of a series referring to my design dilemma regarding to some drapes in my house.  To remind you; my particular dilemma is simply what to do with them.  They are plain, ivory, dupioni silk drapes and I want to jazz them up a little.  My last DIY design idea for what to do to them is to simply paint them. 
To me, there are fewer options in this category, as opposed to stenciling them.  The color selections in this category are still immense, but the actual patterns/styles to paint are somewhat limited.  Painting drapes is similar to stenciling them, but a little more lenient and stress-free.  As always, below are some DIY inspiring ideas.


100311ChevCurtain01.jpg




Pinned Image




Pinned Image








Pinned Image




painted curtains




DIY chevron painted curtains via {Green Your Decor}




a nursery design before & after.  get new tips & techniques for using chalk paint.  Use these kids room ideas in your budget decorating.

Photobucket




Pinned Image









Pinned Image




Pinned Image




Pinned Image








Pinned Image

2 comments:

  1. I like the ombre dip-dyed curtains and just the Rit dyed solid blue curtains were pretty. Unless you need some pattern, then the stencil project looks fun. Let me know if you need a Sunday afternoon assistant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think I have narrowed it down to either tackling a "dye" project OR either a "stencil" project on the curtains. I love ombre and am still considering factoring that in there somehow also. I'm still trying to decide, and yes, that would be such a fun project for both of us to work on together! :) Thanks and great idea! Maybe we could learn some good tips we could use on a future Lavish project!

    ReplyDelete